Our engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a talented software engineer to join us on this journey. You will be working with backend technologies; however, you will be encouraged to explore and contribute to other parts of the product.
Our backend is built in Kotlin, our API is exposed in GraphQL, and we leverage Spring Boot and deploy our containers into Fargate clusters. We believe in event-driven architectures; you build it and run its principles. This is an opportunity for you to join a senior team in the early stage of a new product in a company that strongly believes in being a positive force in society.
What traits are we looking for?
We value intelligence, curiosity, humility, rigor, and a keen sense of humor, and we believe you do too.
- You have experience in engineering correct, fault-tolerant systems in production environments.
- You know how to leverage your engineering skills and people skills in order to drive customer impact.
- You have experience in JVM-based technologies.
- You value technical documentation and know what and how to document.
- You have experience in writing testable code.
What are some nice to haves?
- You know how to evolve and maintain APIs and have experience with GraphQL.
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- We appreciate a curious mindset and strong communication skills.
What about us?
As part of Axel Johnson group, Humla is a greenfield start-up aiming to bring new payment solutions and loyalty offerings to the table. We believe retail will look very different in the coming decade, and this is our idea of adding more value to millions of customers in their everyday life.
We offer a hybrid work solution where we expect you to be in our office next to Humlegården in Stockholm 2 days or more per week. You will have access to gym, breakfast and lunch deals, among many other office perks. Employee benefits also include 30 days of vacation, and a conference/personal development allowance.