Our engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a talented software engineer to join us in this journey. You will be working with backend technologies; however, you will be encouraged to explore and contribute to other parts of the product.
Our backend is built in Kotlin, our API is exposed in GraphQL, we leverage Spring Boot and deploy our containers into Fargate clusters. We believe in event-driven architectures, and you build it, you run it principles. This is an opportunity for you to join a senior team in the early stage of a new product in a company that strongly believes in being a positive force in society.
What traits are we looking for?
We value intelligence, curiosity, humility, rigor, and a keen sense of humor, and we believe you do too.
- You have + 7 years of experience in engineering correct, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed systems in production environments.
- You know how to leverage your engineering skills and people skills in order to drive customer impact.
- You have experience with Kotlin, Spring Boot, and other JVM-based technologies
- You value technical documentation and know what and how to document.
- We expect you to challenge us to think in new ways and you are comfortable with arguing for your ideas.
What are some nice to haves?
- You know how to evolve and maintain APIs and have experience with GraphQL.
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud providers. You know how to leverage the cloud and the trade-offs that come with it.
- You have experience with several programming paradigms and can discuss their merits and demerits.
What about us?
As part of Axel Johnson group, Humla is a greenfield start-up aiming to bring new payment solutions and loyalty offerings to the table. We believe retail will look very different in the coming decade, and this is our idea of adding more value to millions of customers in their everyday life.
We offer a flexible remote work solution and an office next to Humlegården in Stockholm. You will have access to gym, breakfast, lunch deals, among many other office perks. Employee benefits also include 30 days of vacation, and an conference/personal development allowance.